Saturday, June 18, 2022

Time - Ticking away the moments that make up the dull (dark) days

 Wow. It's a minute.

How much the world has changed within such a relatively short yet amazingly long amount of time. Both collectively and individually much has been rearranged, turned topsey turvey - which unlike a bad carnival ride - there has been a slow recover. At times a 2nd ride is best at the carnival just to ensure it really was that terrible. 

The homestead has now become a garden center - yes, we have some dark leaves in the mix. An an addition of a office/workshop. Cannot express how AMAZ it is to have a few corners where I can enter Imagination Station alone and spend a few hours. It has taken me a little time to contemplate what projects I am still tickley excited over and others that are easily ditched. Lost most of what I took to shows in the fire, yet - had to question how happy I was to inspire others at a loss of time and cash. Both of the latter are not everything, have been perfectly fine after walking away from the shop without income at that moment. And as communities we need to inspire and create together. It's just that sticky grey area that requires larger convos. 

Have spent the past year and a half creating a more self sustainable area as opposed to feeling the consistent pinch of pressure to make product and show up at conventions. Cannot say that there have been no FOMO moments - and I miss the communities and friends. 

After years of spending time on everyone minus myself it has been challenging, changing and enlightening to focus on moi - and the mag - of course. This journey has been enormous in the way of relationships and adventures.
Remaining true to my Fishy nature, I allow for shaping of the experience and what to learn from every moment - ok. likely not every moment, although appreciated. Especially after the loss of many on this Earth within the last few years. Every evening I look back and question - what am I to learn? What can I just let go of - quite a lot ha. And most importantly, where should I create additional challenges for myself - to give back to the communities that I love and create higher expression. 

Have been working on some projects. The Magazine is finally "official" and no longer just grouped under Halloween Jeans. Have to say I shed a few tears when shutting the site down and transferring. But - I am still here - and the name will never change.

Currently the goal is to release a few surprises mid to late summer. Has been an amaz journey thus far - why stop now? Glutton for punishment - I swear! No punishment - it has been wonderous to meet and work with so many creatives, in the beginning had to pinch myself to remind myself this was not only but a dream. Very much look forward to the same this year and beyond. Take care everybody.

We are back on Blogger btw -  Projects, news and more to be announced here as available.

No comments:

Post a Comment